Skip to content
Barley Beer Bread
- 3 Cups Alaskan Love Uncharted Barley flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 2 tbs granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 12 oz bottle of your favorite beer
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add jar of dry mix and full bottle of beer into a medium bowl and mix. For a tender bread, don't over-mix. Batter will be thick and won't have a totally smooth appearance.
- In a prepared 8.5 by 4.5 inch loaf pan, spoon batter into the pan and spread it out so it reaches all four corners.
- Melt 2 tbsp. of butter and pour all over batter.
- Bake for 35-55 minutes, until the top is golden and a cake tester inserted into the center of the loaf comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 5 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack. Slice the bread when it's just slightly warm or room temperature.
- Spread on some butter or jam, and enjoy!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.